Significant Security Practices for Phantom Wallet Extension
As a crypto trader, you might have well-informed about the fact that protecting your funds from malicious activities is prevalent nowadays. As technology is growing so far, the pace of cyber hacking and online thefts is also evolving increasingly.
Well! If you are a Phantom Wallet user, you may say that you are using a wallet that provides industry-leading security services. My friend! I’m not saying that your wallet has low-security measures, but the point to take heed of is that Phantom Wallet is a software wallet. No matter how secure the software wallet is, your data is kept online, so you need to be extra careful as the security of your wallet and funds extensively depends on its users.
Wondering, how you can participate in protecting the funds available in your Phantom Wallet extension, don’t worry, we will guide you by making you familiar with all necessary security practices you can implement to provide an extra layer of security to your funds. Have a look further.
Generic Tips to Safeguard Your Phantom Wallet
- Do not share your recovery phrase with anyone at any cost or any need as it may lead you to lose all of your funds. Keep it safe in any secure document and use it only to restore your Phantom Wallet if needed. Keep in mind that Secret Recovery Phrase is an essential credential and is not recoverable anyways.
- While setting up your Phantom Wallet for the first time, you need to make sure that the password you are setting up should adhere to the Phantom Wallet password needs as well as it must be resilient and hard to decrypt for the scammers.
- Set up the Auto-Lock system in your Phantom Wallet so in case, whenever you left your wallet unlocked, it will get locked after some time automatically. If you are not aware of the process, first go to “Settings” and choose “Security Privacy” from there. And, on this page, you’ll find the toggle to enable auto-lock in your wallet.
- Never get involved in any airdrop scam as sometimes scammers try to scam you by sending airdropped unsolicited NFTs or tokens. You may find it tempting at first, but when you visit their site and try to link up with their dApp, they can withdraw all the funds available in your wallet.
- No matter if you are using a Phantom Wallet Extension or app, visit only known and prominent URLs, Files, and PDFs as by tapping on a phishing link, you may provide access to fraudsters to withdraw or manage your wallet account.
Tips to Protect Phantom Wallet Extension
- Use a firewall on Windows if it is not provided built-in
- Keep your wallet updated with a recent version
- To secure your PC, employ an antivirus on your device
- Keep the Phantom Wallet extension password protected
- Avoid phishing sites to browse safely
- Do not use someone else PC or USB
Summing It Up!
Phantom Wallet leverages the best security facets in the whole crypto industry. Despite this fact, you need to be extra careful to protect your funds from malicious activities such as cyber hacking, online thefts, scams, etc. If you are also a Phantom Wallet extension or app user and want to sleep soundly without any worries about your funds' security, you can follow this read and implement the provided security practices to keep the fraudsters away from your wallet. It is true that Phantom Wallet takes the responsibility to safeguard your funds and account, but do not forget that protecting the Phantom Wallet is your call.